Hop Over to Get Great Stuff from Amazon!

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Update

Oops! I just realized that I posted this on my personal FB page, but I neglected to tell my bloggy friends! Here's the news (beep beepbeep beep):

I just wasn't the piece to fit their puzzle- or was it the other way around? After careful consideration and some great advice from those who love me, I decided not to accept the job at the preschool after all. It is a charming place and I really like the Director, but I have a program that I believe in and decided that I would rather stick to it and wait for the place that believes in it, too. :)

So, since VA report dates were this past Monday, it looks like I won't be getting a call to teach this year. I'm trying not to take it poorly.
{What's wrong with me??? I must be a truly horrible teacher! waaaaaaaaahh }
I realize that there are MANY wonderful teachers in the same situation due to the economy. This just means that I'm meant for something else this year! Perhaps it's finally time for... dare I say the M word? Yes, as long as they don't touch my dear Sailor's GI Bill, I WILL be starting a Master's program! EEEEeeeeek!

Of course, there is a cute little elementary school within walking distance  of my house so I'm sure I'll be making my way over there to get my fill of  hip hugs while I offer my help- I know I would sure appreciate it if I were in their teaching shoes!

I can't wait to see all of your genius ideas this year and hey, this means I'll have more time to share my stuff with you. Sweet!

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear your news... The first job I applied for I didn't get... but it turned out great because I was meant to teach somewhere else and loved it. I hope you go on and get your masters... I didn't and I wish I had! Keep positive! Your time will come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Pam! I am looking forward to whatever GREAT thing must be in store for me this year. If it's better than being in the classroom with my little sweeties, it has to be pretty amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete