Hop Over to Get Great Stuff from Amazon!

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Free Label for Funny Moments Keepsake Journal

Mrs. Dillard at Oh The Places We'll Go has the cutest Linky Party goin' on:



Out of the Mouths of Babes! 
Super simple: just add an anecdote of a funny moment/comment you have had in class with your little ones. I have been LOL'ing and ROFL'ing and just plain tickled pink with tears rolling down my cheeks at these stories!

So, here's one of my favorites: My first year of teaching we made Gingerbread houses with graham crackers. While the kids were at lunch, I carefully removed each student's roof and placed a Gingerbread Man inside.The kids were sooo thrilled to find they had caught a Gingerbread Man. A few of my little ones had been pulled for Specials so I informed them that we would keep watch over their Gingerbread Men so they could eat them when they got back. One little cutie comes up to me a few minutes later, pleased as punch, to inform me she had eaten the legs off all her friends' Gingerbread Men so they wouldn't run away! LOL Good thing I had extras! Now, I'm sure to place any goodies well out of reach should we have to save them for friends- Lesson Learned! :D

Mrs. Dillard also expressed a very common issue with remembering to jot those LOL moments down before they fly out of your head at the end of the day. Thank goodness I'm not the only teacher with an extremely short-term memory! Solution: I thought I would make a journal to keep handy. Of course, it has to be cute so I will remember to reach for it! :P
Click on the picture below for the link.

I set up these Journal labels using Avery 5168 labels to stick on a Composition Book. I uploaded this as a Word Document so you can adjust the label to match your name, your grade level, and the school year. I love the idea of being able to go back and read them year after year. This would also be a great wait time activity to set out during conferences. As always, feel free to use or improve and please leave a comment below if you like them!

Happy Memory Making!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, Blogger won't let me edit my own post right now. GRRRR... so here is the link to the labels. Sorry for the inconvenience! https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B8TFFwMvbNltYmMwMmNiMmItMWJjYi00OWQxLWFmOTgtZDRlYzJlYWE3OGIz&hl=en_US

    ReplyDelete