Hop Over to Get Great Stuff from Amazon!

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Slow Going

Okay, so I'm not sure how I want to do this yet, but I do have stuff to share. :) I'm not in the classroom this year :( and I miss it terribly! I am a Home Executive currently, but that only takes me to around noon. :/ So, what do I do in my spare time? Eat bonbons and watch soaps? Nah, I surf the web looking for great teacher sites and free stuff! :D Which brings me to today's post.

Have you heard of www.filefolderfun.com?  It's a site that provides file folder games for ages 3-Grade 3. You can search by grade level or subject. Some games cost (Boo!), but there are some really good free ones, too (Yay!). There's one game in particular that inspired me today.

In the Preschool Section is a game titled "Cupcake Count". It's designed as a file folder game, but I've got a different idea. I'm planning to glue half of the cupcakes to cute little birthday themed plates and attach a velcro dot for the "answer cupcakes" to be placed. I will store the game in a bakery box (you know, the ones with the clear window on the top). I may laminate the box, just so it's more sturdy. An ounce of prevention... :)

I think I will place this game in the Dramatic Play center. What a great way to incorporate math in the Dramatic Play center, right?! Maybe someday I will attach a picture of the game (once I figure out how and actually get it made) so you can see what I mean. Until then, check out the site and let me know if you have a different idea for one of the games. :) Happy Surfing!

Gracehopper

No comments:

Post a Comment